Friday, November 30, 2012

Reality Bites



Arizona Biltmore Resort


When I first arrive in Phoenix it feels like a vacation.  I have left behind the gray fall days and entered a palm tree utopia that suspends reality for resort like living.  Then I get my treatments and reality bites.  A body waking up again from it's chronic slumber slaps me in the face and reminds me this is no Disneyland.  The pay off though is huge.  After three days of intense fatigue and post-treatment effects after today's blood treatment I felt alive again.  This is the reality, when you are smothered by this illness, you are living - but you never really feel fully alive.   So last night when my mom, Sophie and I were able to head over to the resort,  I played the part of healthy girl taking a well needed break from reality in my own little Disneyland, enjoy the "vacation" photos.










Have you been Naughty or Nice

Treated to Fireworks from our Balcony that were taking place at the Resort



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Festzeit